Last week we got started on the twitter basics. By now you should be well on your way to making lots of new contacts, and hopefully gaining valuable exposure for your business. In just 15 minutes a day ! Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Keep up what we learned last week. This week we will discuss What to Tweet! What will get the most bang for your buck, how to stay interested, and the all important link drop! So lets dive in, shall we tweeps?
Tweet Tweet Birdy
- Try to tweet things that have your attention or heart instead of what you are doing. Think out side the box with interesting quotes, and world views.
- Get a buddy. If there is someone you trust in your company to help manage your twitter account this will help make sure there is always someone on it, as well as creating variety in your tweets. If you area a one gal show ask a family member or friend who wants to help you and your oh so trendy business.
- Follow someone who you really like or that is very interesting. Then retweet them. You can also follow who they follow, and gain a bigger and like-minded following.
- Start promoting yourself but in a useful way with pics, blog posts etc. Think of people searching for info and finding it in you and your product without even realizing it!
- Tweet things that are industry related but not a push for your product or service directly. This will keep you looking legit and not like a used matters salesman
- Make sure that your link is relevant or embedded in content, not just a link. Would you follow a blind link?