Twitter is a great facet of our social media life styles, and can be used in many ways. One of which is business. I have found that newbies can be a little over whelmed at the vast world of the tweet. These folks usually end up spending way to much time doing it wrong, or just get intimidated and don’t take advantage of the twitter world at all.There is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming. However there can be huge benefits to using this tool ,and I think it is a worth while to learn how to use it and use it well.
Since there is so much to learn here I am going to break it down for you and give you all the tools you need in a series of posts. This is my way of taking you by the virtual hand, and helping you along one step at at time. So join me as we discover how Twitter can be your friend and a great tool!
First Things First
- Build an account and start using twitter search to see whats out there, and what others in your industry are saying.
- Add a real picture of yourself . Virtual you’s are lame so take a great pic you like and plaster it up for all to see!
- Search people in your industry or target industry and fallow as many as you can. If you are selling baby gear fallow moms chances are at least half will fallow you back !
- Talk to people. Find others in your target industry and comment, re tweet, and fallow them. Also don’t start plugging right away be a human, and interact with these that are fallowing you or that are fallowing.
- Don’t forget to talk about non business stuff as well. You are a business but you are also a human. 3 out of 5 women say that they will buy from someone that they have a personal relationship with rather than one they don’t. So think about sharing some tidbits about your pets or family etc.
- Start to talk about your product in a non-threatening way or talk about your employees, life in the office etc.
- If you have promos or blogs you can post as a “hey check this out” kind of a thing
- Be consistent…try this every day for 15 minutes a day then walk away! We will check back in next Monday for more tips